Pershing County Economic Development and Conservation Act
This bill directs the Department of the Interior to conduct sales or exchanges of eligible lands in Pershing County, Nevada, identified as the "Checkerboard Lands Resolution Area."
Interior and the county shall jointly select which parcels of eligible land to offer for sale or acre-for-acre exchange.
For purposes of acre-for-acre exchanges, Interior shall identify management priority areas within the Checkerboard Lands Resolution Area, including those considered to be:
- greater sage-grouse habitat;
- part of an identified wildlife corridor or designated critical habitat;
- of value for outdoor recreation or public access for hunting, fishing, and other recreational purposes;
- of significant cultural, historic, ecological, or scenic value; or
- of value for improving federal land management.
The bill prescribes requirements for the disposition of proceeds from the sales of lands.
Interior shall offer for sale and convey to specified qualified entities, for fair market value, the remaining U.S. right, title, and interest in certain lands and interests in the county.
Interior shall convey to the county, without consideration, Unionville Cemetery.
The bill designates specified federal land in Nevada as components of the National Wilderness Preservation System.
The bill releases specified wilderness study areas from further review for designation as wilderness.
Learn more at congress.gov